[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mohammed Ismail" <m dot ismael at gmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Anti netcut (was Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.3b17)
 Date:  Fri, 1 May 2009 05:36:32 +0300
So it is layer 2, then we need layer2 in m0n0wall
What about broadcasting himself ?
Tells every body that m0n0wall is on MAC IP every 1 sec,
Like spoofing client's arp table each second,,
How about this? Some how it helps clients to stay connected to m0n0wall
instead of attacker,
And having static ARP table in m0n0wall protect m0n0wall it self.
I put arp.txt contain a list of MAC IP Pairs
And tell m0n0wall to execute
Arp -f /var/db/cpelements/arp.txt
The problem is we cannot afford switches capable of layer2 filtering,
And there must be other solution, and it could be done with FreeBSD, I just
do not know how exactly, but I guess it will be set of rules
1- static ARP table
2- assign /32 subnetmask for clients
3- spoof network with m0n0wall real MAC IP pair every x sec
And notice that not only netcut and spoofing there are also worms that arp
poison the network, and such worms uses client IP table so if the client is
isolated in his own subnetmask is not that enough?
,,
Sorry for being annoying but it had been annoying me since a while,
Best Regards.

Mohammed
..