[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Bertrand <steve at ibctech dot ca>
 To:  Mohammed Ismail <m dot ismael at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  'Lee Sharp' <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Anti netcut (was Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.3b17)
 Date:  Fri, 01 May 2009 00:18:15 -0400
Mohammed Ismail wrote:
> You miss the point they do it on regular Switched Ethernet
> Just the cheapest switches, and clients are not seeing each other.
> I really cannot change from m0n0wall, I am already using it for more than 2
> years, and my clients are satisfied with fascinating easy web interface,

Do all of your users connect with Ethernet cable, like this?:

	-----------
	| m0n0wall|
	-----------

	-----------
	| switch  |
	-----------
	 |    |   |
	/     |    \
	|     |	    |
      client  |	  client

	    client

> I might migrate to pfsense, but nothing really much there, I look to
> m0n0wall as the slandered for me all what I need is in one small image,
> In other way, I believe there will be a solution or semi-solution on
> m0n0wall.

You don't want users to get the default gateway, if they are not
allowed. Is that right?

Is that all you want to stop from happening?

Steve