[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mohammed Ismail" <m dot ismael at gmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Anti netcut (was Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.3b17)
 Date:  Fri, 1 May 2009 07:37:30 +0300
I used to have all MAC address in ARP table the same
I used wireshark I saw those ARP packets poisoning every thing
Then I started using DHCP server and collect a table of all clients
connected to the m0n0wall.
After that I had arp.txt file uploaded in file manager
And in config.xml a command to be executed in every startup to have arp.txt
as Static ARP table
After that the logging changed
It tells me that kernel : arp : MAC address attempts to modify permanent
entry for x.x.x.x 00:00:00:00:00:00
It gives me the spoofer Mac address
Now I could look up the MAC in my DHCP static lease to know the Spoofer, but
the spoofer could change his MAC every minute :) and uses fake one so I
could not catch him unless I started unplugging cables which is near
impossible because of switching, it is like 20 switches in 20 different
building
100 client network sharing 2Mb/s ADSL 1/4 Line each have 256/64 kb/s down/up
speed and using 1.3b13 working smoothly.
Only ARP thing
After static ARP the server is protected, but clients are not.
That's all.

Sincere regards
Mohammed Ismail.