[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mohammed Ismail" <m dot ismael at gmail dot com>
 To:  "'Lee Sharp'" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Anti netcut (was Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.3b17)
 Date:  Fri, 1 May 2009 08:01:30 +0300
-----Original Message-----
From: Lee Sharp [mailto:leesharp at hal dash pc dot org]
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2009 7:46 AM
To: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch

I can not see how this would happen, but I can see how it would appear
to happen.  If arp poisoning mtm is well done, you do not notice.  And
you can harden systems to avoid it, including m0n0wall.  But if you do
not have control of the end users (like I do not in the hotels I provide
service in) you can not protect them unless you have good managed
switches.  It also makes troubleshooting easy, as you can look at arp
tables throughout the network and find out where the scammer is hidding!

And I have enjoyed this.  It never hurts to think a bit more in depth
about security.  Feel free to ask more!

			Lee
Yes you are right, I had a friend of mine was able to connect through
wireless AP connected to mikrotik, he was able to sniff other client's
username and password for hotspot login.
Nothing is secured 100% , but people like my friend are not much out there,
So you are safe as long they are away from you.
Most people uses Switch Sniffer and Cain or winarp spoofer and netcut
Plus womrs. That arp spoof the network, which I suspect that commercial
systems develop it :)

Best regdards,
Mohammed Ismail,