[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Wireless Intel 2200BG & Atheros AR9220 not reconized
 Date:  Fri, 24 Apr 2009 09:00:56 -0500
YvesDM wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 4:33 AM, Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org> wrote:

>> Personally I have never been able to get internal wireless to perform as
>> well as a real AP, so I use Ethernet and real APs.  It also makes
>> troubleshooting easier.

> Sorry to pick into this.
> What kind of AP's are you using? I hear the good old WRT54GL's we usually
> use as AP will be discontinued soon.
> (there might be a replacement model, which i definately hope)

I have been very happy with the newer EnGenius products.  The old
ECB-3220 is crap and burns out, but I have about 85 ECB-3610s in service
and they have been fantastic.  I also have an ECB-1650 in testing with
no problems at all.  It also can run the commercial dd-wrt...  I have
not tried re-flashing it with the free one.  I will also be looking at
the EOC-2610 soon.

			Lee