[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?windows-1252?Q?Sa=9Aa_Stjepan_Bak=9Aa?= <sasa dash stjepan dot baksa at os dot t dash com dot hr>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] log visited sites of captive portal users.
 Date:  Sun, 03 May 2009 11:11:30 +0200
If that is necessary, why not? Yes, I know, it is more expensive than
single box but with today's
small footprint appliance machines with laptop size hard discs it is
easier done than i the past.

With combination of Free-Radius, MYSQL and  Open LDAP miracles can be
done. Using
M0n0/pfSense frame-work it can even be done in a friendly way with web
front ends and so on.

Don't be mistaken. I am not the one who will vote in favor of that kinda
law. My country is
outside EU and will be that way for few years more but if we join EU
there be more restrictive
laws for which we will bend our collective spine :-( When that time come
we must be prepared
with good solutions for our customers. In another hand, I just don't see
how will plain user with
wireless router for his/hers home accomplish any kind of logging -
especially in duration of 3 years.

Sasa