[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Sa=B9a_Stjepan_Bak=B9a?= <sasa dash stjepan dot baksa at os dot t dash com dot hr>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] log visited sites of captive portal users.
 Date:  Sun, 3 May 2009 13:08:06 +0200
> If that is necessary, why not? Yes, I know, it is more expensive than
> single box but with today's
> small footprint appliance machines with laptop size hard discs it is easier
> done than i the past.

It's not a matter of being expensive or not.
I just don't want to setup proxy servers on all locations we provide
service.
We have too many locations and many of them just don't have/want the space
provided to put an extra box.
Also, a single machine on each location is hard to manage.
We manage everything as central as we can and we like to keep it that way.

Kind regards