[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Wireless Intel 2200BG & Atheros AR9220 not reconized
 Date:  Fri, 24 Apr 2009 09:05:17 -0500
> I'm sorry for my dirty english.

It is better than my Spanish, which is the only other language I speak.

> My both cards never works on my Alix board. Unfortunatly, the Atheros
> 9220 never tested with other hardware, the Intel 200BG works fine in my
> laptop on... Windows ! In old time I have put FreeBSD on this laptop,
> but I do not remember if wireless interface work.
>
> I have tested with Zeroshell Linux on my Alix board, strange config,
> wireless would'nt work.
>
> I will try to install a real FreeBSD or another Linux version... But
> this solution is not very good for me.

You can try Untangle.  http://www.untangle.com  It is good, but NOT
lightweight.  It does, however, have very good hardware support.  That
or buy a known supported card.

> Of course, disociate elements of a network is better, a real AP with a
> real Router and a real Firewall is the best... But that archithecture
> demands three hardware box ! A AP runing on m0n0wall, it's only one box.

I recommend 2 boxes and a crossover cable.  If you wish, you can put
them in a single box together.  It still gives you the troubleshooting
benefits.

			Lee