[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Armstrong <lists at memetic dot org>
 To:  Mohammed Ismail <m dot ismael at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, manuel at m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ng0 snmp could not read interface
 Date:  Sun, 03 May 2009 23:35:26 +0100
Mohammed Ismail wrote:

Bit for Manuel at the bottom! :)

> I am running Observer NMS on a FreeBSD 6.4 Machine.
>
> And it is reading m0n0wall interfaces like xl0, xl1, fxp0, enc0, lo0
>
> I could not get to read ng0 interface which holds the IP assigned by the ISP
>

> In observer config
>
> ### Interface name strings to ignore
>
> $config['bad_if'] = array("null", "virtual-", "unrouted", "eobc", "mpls",
> "sl0", "lp0", "faith0",
>
>              "-atm layer", "-atm subif", "-shdsl", "-adsl", "-aal5", "-atm",
> "stackport",
>
>              "async", "plip", "-physical", "-signalling", "control plane",
> "stacksub",
>
>              "bri", "-bearer", "bluetooth", "isatap", "ras", "qos",
> "miniport", "lo0", "enc0");
>

> There was "ng" and I removed it ,
>
> It did not work, I tried removing "virtual-" nothing happened ,
>
> Then I told observer to ignore nothing
>
> But I could not manage to read ng0 interface
>
> Although it is up and holds the IP assigned by ISP
>
> Am I missing some thing here?

Hi,

There was a hard-coded regular expression matching /ng[0-9]/, which I've
removed and replaced with an array-driven regexp matcher.

Please replace your includes/discovery/interfaces.php with :

http://www.observernms.org/svn/observer/trunk/includes/discovery/interfaces.php

Please also add :

$config['bad_if_regexp'] = array("/serial[0-9]:/");

To your config.php. You can add/remove entries from thsi array and
they'll be matched like the existing bad_if array (albiet more slowly).

I've tested it on my m0n0wall and it works ok :

jersey.memetic.org
Interfaces : .....+.
IP Addresses : ...S+
IPv6 Addresses :
Temperatures :

You can see it on the demo :
http://demo.observernms.org/device/2/ports/details/ (login demo/demo)

I notice that there are no IPv6 addresses being reported by m0n0
(atleast with 1.3b15 on the test device). Does the snmpd need recompiled
with --use-ipv6 or something?

Thanks,
adam.