[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Wireless Intel 2200BG & Atheros AR9220 not reconized
 Date:  Fri, 24 Apr 2009 16:10:01 +0200
On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org> wrote:

> YvesDM wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 4:33 AM, Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org> wrote:
>>

>  Personally I have never been able to get internal wireless to perform as
>>> well as a real AP, so I use Ethernet and real APs.  It also makes
>>> troubleshooting easier.
>>>

>  Sorry to pick into this.
>> What kind of AP's are you using? I hear the good old WRT54GL's we usually
>> use as AP will be discontinued soon.
>> (there might be a replacement model, which i definately hope)
>>

> I have been very happy with the newer EnGenius products.  The old ECB-3220
> is crap and burns out, but I have about 85 ECB-3610s in service and they
> have been fantastic.  I also have an ECB-1650 in testing with no problems at
> all.  It also can run the commercial dd-wrt...  I have not tried re-flashing
> it with the free one.  I will also be looking at the EOC-2610 soon.

Aha, that's good news.
I remember we discussed EnGenius/ Senao trouble before.
Good to hear EnGenius finally listened to the grief of many people and did
something about the crappy hardware they used to use in the past.
According your positive experience with them now, I might try them too one
day soon.

Tnx
Y.