[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Wireless Intel 2200BG & Atheros AR9220 not reconized
 Date:  Fri, 24 Apr 2009 09:25:43 -0500
YvesDM wrote:

> Aha, that's good news.
> I remember we discussed EnGenius/ Senao trouble before.
> Good to hear EnGenius finally listened to the grief of many people and did
> something about the crappy hardware they used to use in the past.
> According your positive experience with them now, I might try them too one
> day soon.

I have to tell you about this one!  I finally got on the phone with a
developer and a tester.  We were talking about all my failed 3220s, and
how the 3610s were seeming to be better.

I said, "On the 3220 I will loose 8 out of 10 in the first year, and
have a 1 in 10 DOA.  So far I have had only 1 DOA 3610, and that is much
better!"

<shock> "But 1 is too many."

I reply, "Out of about 50, I am happy so far."

<silence>  "50?"

Now they are occasionally shipping us beta product to evaluate.  :)
Some have had heat issues, but most have been better.  All the released
stuff I have seen has been solid so far.  (Other than the 3320)

			Lee