[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Sterling Windmill <sterling at ampx dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Fwd: [m0n0wall] Marvell 88E8056 (msk) driver in 1.3b16
 Date:  Mon, 11 May 2009 01:40:31 -0400 (EDT)
Over the course of a few hours I successfully built a 1.3b16 m0n0wall image featuring an SMP kernel
and including the msk driver.

I am sending this e-mail through my Shuttle K45 and have so far not experienced any issues in
restoring the configuration from my ALIX board.

Would it be possible to include the msk driver in the next release?

Also, while I realize that embedded systems are still primarily using single core processors, it is
difficult to find anything but at least dual core systems in off the shelf PCs.

Enabling SMP on the generic PC images would seem to make sense to me. Is there a specific reason why
this hasn't already been done?

Best regards,
Sterling Windmill