[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Burgess <apt dot get at gmail dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  console over modem?
 Date:  Mon, 18 May 2009 21:45:52 -0600
I have a soekris hanging on the wall in the basement. Not very
amenable to connecting a serial cable since I don't have a portable
computer with a serial connection.

I was wondering about the feasability of connecting an old Hayes
external modem to the serial console on the soekris and then
connecting to it via a phone line and modem on the computer. Can
anybody tell me if this is possible or give me tips on configuration?
I could run a dedicated phone line between the two modems (preferred)
or connect them through the pbx if necessary.

db