[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Claus at Monowall" <Claus at Monowall>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] console over modem?
 Date:  Tue, 19 May 2009 19:20:54 +0200
As you need signal GND in the other end one of the WHITE lines must be connected.
I normally connect all without issues however because of the different twisting of the pairs in Cat
5/6 the WHITE lines does not have the same length which COULD lead to hum loops.

And yes hum in theory could be an issue but with the wiring below it has not been a problem for me
the last 10+ years and I have run lengths way beyond 50 m big server rooms.

Regards
Claus