[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SNMP OID for Interface IP Address
 Date:  Wed, 20 May 2009 17:57:06 -0500
Aaron Cherman wrote:
> Is there any way to use SNMP to poll an OID to find an interface's IP address?

There is a package called mrtg, and within it you will find a perl
utility called configmaker.  (Or cfgmaker, I can't remember)  It is used
to generate config files for mrtg.  It manages to pull IP addresses from
my m0n0wall systems with no trouble.  Not sure how, but the perl code is
clean, so you should be able to find it.

			Lee