[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jessica Aguilar" <jaguilar at skyriver dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Traffic Shaping Configuration
 Date:  Thu, 21 May 2009 10:58:24 -0700
Good Morning All,

I am having some problems trying to get the traffic shaping to work.

I have a soekris 5501-70 with monowall.

I enable traffic shaping and I use the wizard and set the bandwidth a

Downstream
speed

kbps
Enter the speed of your WAN downstream link here.

Upstream
speed

kbps
Enter the speed of your WAN upstream link here.

But we still have problems maxing out all the time the pipe plus I found
some problems since I add the traffic shaper I receive more complains
about not able to get online all the time and very slow.  Not sure if is
related that what I am trying to find out. Maybe I am missing a step in
order to traffic shaper works. I think I create like bottle necks
somehow.

Questions is how can I rate limited per user?

Any suggestions