[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mohammed Ismail" <m dot ismael at gmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] console over modem?
 Date:  Tue, 19 May 2009 08:54:13 +0300
-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Fiori [mailto:dev9null at gmail dot com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 7:51 AM
To: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch

The rule of thumb is 15m (or 50ft) before you start to loose line
rate. The best way to go is a DB-9 to RJ45 adapter. Use a straight
ethernet cable and do all the pinouts on the adapter
(http://www.commdevices.com/pdf/null-modem-rj45-db9-pinout.pdf)
--
=Wayne

=========================

This says the same while using high quality cable.
http://www.connectworld.net/cable-length.html

also I guess Tx,RX should be on the same pair of cables inside the cat
cable.
Just like the Ethernet
1 2 3 6   each two in a pair.
If we did not do it like that, we start to loose rate after 25m on regular
Ethernet network.
I have been told that twists do some thing to reduce resistance!
Any idea?

Mohammed