[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Nelson <tnelson at rockbochs dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  SBC Integrated in Dell Server - Info?
 Date:  Mon, 8 Jun 2009 13:05:39 -0500 (CDT)
Greetings list! I've just stumbled upon this on the m0n0wall site:
http://m0n0.ch/wall/gallery/278.jpg

Someone has mounted an SBC (looks to be a PC Engines WRAP1E203 ) mounted inside of a Dell Poweredge
2x50 server. While that is very interesting, the part I found most interesting was the NIC/power
bracket mounted in the PCI slot bracket. Where would a person find something like that? I could make
my own with some RJ45 jacks, etch a circuit board, and fasten to a PCI bracket, but where's the fun
in that? :-D

The reason why I ask is that most colo providers will charge for additional rack space for a
firewall. Why not just put your firewall inside your server and save some cash? :-)

--Tim