[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SBC Integrated in Dell Server - Info?
 Date:  Mon, 8 Jun 2009 17:41:58 -0400
http://m0n0.ch/wall/gallery/278.jpg

> Someone has mounted an SBC (looks to be a PC Engines WRAP1E203 ) mounted inside of a Dell
Poweredge 2x50 server. While that is very interesting, the part I found most interesting was the
NIC/power bracket mounted in the PCI slot bracket. Where would a person find something like that? I
could make my own with some RJ45 jacks, etch a circuit board, and fasten to a PCI bracket, but
where's the fun in that? :-D

Wow, first I'd seen that picture. Neat. I'm also curious where that
slot bracket came from. I suspect it's custom made.

> The reason why I ask is that most colo providers will charge for additional rack space for a
firewall. Why not just put your firewall inside your server and save some cash? :-)

yeah!  Nice colo in a box solution there. DRAC management on one port,
server on another, upstream on the third. Not sure where the second
NIC on the server is going, apparently not to the firewall. Very cool
solution for a small colo.