[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Nelson <tnelson at rockbochs dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SBC Integrated in Dell Server - Info?
 Date:  Tue, 9 Jun 2009 12:39:23 -0500 (CDT)
----- "Wayne Fiori" <dev9null at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I've done the virtualization path with VMware server. Put multiple
> test server VMs behind a virutalized m0n0 in a test harness. Using
> the
> free version of VMware ESXi would be even easier to configure.
> --
> =Wayne

Yep... I've done the same. ESXi has "vSwitches" with various options for ports, VLAN
(un)tag(ged/ging) ports, etc. It's really quite neat. Although I'm still not comfortable putting
that into production in a datacenter a few hundred miles away, I'm certainly comfortable using it at
home for a nice testbed environment. :-)

--Tim