[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Melvin <melvin at sleepydragon dot net>
 To:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SBC Integrated in Dell Server - Info?
 Date:  Tue, 09 Jun 2009 21:26:36 -0400
Lee Sharp wrote:
> James McKeand wrote:
>> That would be a good solution for some form of virtualization? Two
>> NICs - Two virtual switches. I think I read something about doing
>> that with MS's Hyper-V Server.
>
> That means your entire (virtual) network is only as secure as your VM.
> Not always a good thing...
OK, but the virtues/pitfalls of the practice aside, the OP was
commenting on the fact that there was actually what appeared to be a
full SBC solution sharing the case / rack space with the server with
nothing said about virtualization.  They actually bypassed that entire
issue by providing physically (at least electrically) separate hardware.

And I've seen no response from anyone who can tell us anything about
where that slick little NIC interface board mounted to the slot might
have come from.  I don't even have a clue as to how to describe it to
start Googling for one. :)  Anyone?

I WANT ONE!!