[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Melvin <melvin at sleepydragon dot net>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SBC Integrated in Dell Server - Info?
 Date:  Tue, 09 Jun 2009 21:38:49 -0400
Gonzalo, where are you?!  Any guidance on acquiring that slick little
adapter with the cables?  It certainly doesn't look homemade, but maybe
it was salvaged from something else.

http://m0n0.ch/wall/gallery/278.jpg

>> Someone has mounted an SBC (looks to be a PC Engines WRAP1E203 ) mounted inside of a Dell
Poweredge 2x50 server. While that is very interesting, the part I found most interesting was the
NIC/power bracket mounted in the PCI slot bracket. Where would a person find something like that? I
could make my own with some RJ45 jacks, etch a circuit board, and fasten to a PCI bracket, but
where's the fun in that? :-D

> Wow, first I'd seen that picture. Neat. I'm also curious where that
> slot bracket came from. I suspect it's custom made.
>

>> The reason why I ask is that most colo providers will charge for additional rack space for a
firewall. Why not just put your firewall inside your server and save some cash? :-)