[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dan Dill <dandill at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Traffic Shaping with WFQ
 Date:  Tue, 16 Jun 2009 12:10:44 -0700
Hello,

I checked through the documentation and wasn't able to find the answer to
this so figured I would email my question.

I've setup QoS on my monowall with a simple cap on the WAN traffic @ 7Mb/s
with 2 different LAN networks feeding into the monowall which works quite
well.

My question is, if I have a rule that just dumps traffic directly into the
pipe, is fair queuing using for that traffic?  Or to use fair queuing should
I create a single 'default' queue and then put traffic into it.

Another way to phrase this would be what are the default scheduling methods
for traffic going directly from a rule to a pipe.  Also the scheduling
method when using just a single queue and pipe would be helpful information.

Below are screenshots of my setup.  Thanks in advance.

[image: Capture.JPG]
[image: Capture2.JPG]