[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dan Dill <dandill at gmail dot com>
 To:  kudzu at tenebras dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Traffic Shaping with WFQ
 Date:  Tue, 16 Jun 2009 13:25:45 -0700
Thanks for that link, that's helpful.  According to that link they say:

*"If you want all machines to share evenly a single link, you should use
instead: *

*    ipfw add queue 1 ip from any to 10.1.2.0/24
    ipfw queue 1 config weight 5 pipe 2 mask dst-ip 0x000000ff
    ipfw pipe 2 config bw 300Kbit/s
"*

That's what I need I think.  I would only have a single queue but I want to
ensure that bandwidth is shared equally among different connections within
that queue (and not allowing one connection to use the entire link at the
expense of other connections).  And a single queue seems to accomplish that
(via WFQ within the queue) whereas direct to the pipe does not according to
you.

Is that right?