[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dan Dill <dandill at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Traffic Shaping with WFQ
 Date:  Tue, 16 Jun 2009 14:57:43 -0700
Cool, I've created a single queue with no mask and pointed my rule at it so
that should take care of that.  I don't have the time to test to verify that
it actually is doing fair queuing so I'm just going to assume it's good
unless I hear otherwise.

Thanks for all your help Michael.

Just for feedback to whomever is out there the 'magic shaper wizard' wasn't
so great in my opinion.  I liked the idea of it but what I expected it to do
is what I'm doing here (a simple single fair queued rate limit of traffic
through the device).  But instead of doing that it created a pretty complex
bunch of rules which may be useful for complex scenarios.  I suppose adding
in each a single rule, pipe and queue wasn't too hard but having a 'basic
shaping' option in the wizard where I could have just put in my WAN upload
and download speed would have been handy...