[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jewell, Michael" <mjewell at law dot umaryland dot edu>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] console over modem?
 Date:  Tue, 19 May 2009 08:21:32 -0400
It should be noted that you should only ground one end of the cable,  just like in balanced audio,
you could get some pretty nasty AC hum's if you ground both ends...

-Mike

________________________________

From: Wayne Fiori [mailto:dev9null at gmail dot com]
Posted At: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 8:05 AM
Posted To: Monowall
Conversation: [m0n0wall] console over modem?

Considering the difference in data rates and signaling, re ethernet
versus serial, the wire pair twists are not important in the serial
cable. They are important for ethernet however. But even at 9600 baud,
a 15m cable is pushing the length limits.
--
=Wayne