[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Performance 1.3b16 - Problems
 Date:  Sun, 28 Jun 2009 18:39:11 -0500
rh at ffpx dot de wrote:
> This is a compaq 2000 with 64 MB RAM on a PPOE line with not more than 1

> very well with the actual 1.235 version.

What CPU?  A Deskpro 2000?  That is a Pentium I, and quite low powered.
  Also 64 meg is light for 1.2x as well.  It will work, but when you
heavely load it, you can tell it need 128.  The 1.3x line is a much
newer and larger kernal, and will require more power.  Not much, but
more than that. :)

> After changing there were really no surfing possible. It was worse like
> a 56 Kbit Modem...

Look at the memory and CPU use to see what is capped.

> I especially tried to jump on the beta using the new
> "ticketing"-features for...

May still be able with some upgrades.

			Lee