[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ARP errors
 Date:  Wed, 01 Jul 2009 12:48:51 -0500
Jessica Aguilar wrote:
> Hello Support
>

> I am experiencing some problems with my infrastructure.   Basically for
> some reason all the devices stop sending traffic.   Let me explain my
> config. I have the soekris then a have a poe switch and then I have some
> AP's.  I am monitoring all of those devices thru SNMPC program.    But
> for some reason  devices stop responding  but I always have access to
> soekris. If I check the ARP table there is nothing in there.
>

> I thought it was the equipments so I reboot them no luck.  So I what I
> do is reboot soekris and everything start responding again.   I have the
> latest firmware and sokeris net5501 .

I need to know some more about your topography.  On the LAN side, you
have 1 switch, and some APs, only? (And obviously clients, but no other
switches)  How many APs.  Is the SNMP system on that interface?  How is
it connected?  How are you connected?

I have had a few issues like this come up lately.  All were bad switches.

			Lee