[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dexter Filmore <Dexter dot Filmore at gmx dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Where do I set another DNS server?
 Date:  Fri, 10 Jul 2009 15:35:52 +0200
I am on cable, DHCP and would like to use another DNS server than the one
assigned by my ISP.

I would heve entered them in the general setup and disabled
"Allow DNS server list to be overridden by DHCP/PPP on WAN"

but was told on IRC I would rather have to use a DNS forwarder.

Which one is correct?

Next thing: if forwarder is correct, which ione? There are two options and I
can't even understand why:

Host	Domain	IP	Description

and

Domain	IP	Description

"Domain" means all my computers and "Host" only one machine on my net?