[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bob Gustafson <bobgus at rcn dot com>
 To:  Dexter Filmore <Dexter dot Filmore at gmx dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Where do I set another DNS server?
 Date:  Fri, 10 Jul 2009 09:22:30 -0500
I think what you are saying is that you would like to have a local DNS
for your own computers, but yet still be able to access the ISP's DNS
for web traveling.

The local DNS needs to have DNS forwarding enabled so that you get
results from the world. You can restrict dns inquiries coming from the
outside for information about your local machines.

These things you set up on your networked computers, not within
m0n0wall.

You need to do some reading here. You could Google for:

Split horizon dns

Also, djbdns provides tools to do this.

Bob G