[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mike Nichols <mike at myownsoho dot net>
 To:  M0n0wall User List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Where do I set another DNS server?
 Date:  Sat, 11 Jul 2009 12:36:56 -0400
you do need to be educated enough about networking to be able to drive.
By taking the initiative to administer your own network, you're
undertaking some responsibility of knowing what you're doing and what
you desire to be the effects. While not knowing your full intentions
with changing these settings i cannot suggest there may be a better way
(or simpler) to success.

Simply using your own computer to access websites, etc. would be like
taking a taxi (or limo if your router is an alix).
... using your analogy

it seems as though you have found where to define DNS servers already.
are you using free / open ones like OpenDNS?

if you have any other questions

--

 Mike Nichols
 MyOwnSOHO