[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall & VOIP land-line interface
 Date:  Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:06:34 +0200
Not quite sure what you are trying to do here :)
I guess you want to use an add-on card to have VOIP over a modem ?? But the
other way around ?

I guess that won't work, since a modem only decodes 1/0 onto an analog line,
and not voice.
That would be a bit the same to listening music on a tape connected to a
Commodore64 ;-)

The thing you most likely are looking for is Askozia, a branch of monowall,
but dedicated in doing VOIP either over Ethernet, or any VOIP card if you
want to connect a regular phone directly to your Askozia BOX.
But again, a regular modem won't do the job (even on Askozia)

Monowall won't do that for you. (you might consider pfSense with the addon
package for VOIP, but I didn't try it out yet)

Hope this helps ;-)