[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  PPPoE schedule daily reset
 Date:  Thu, 23 Jul 2009 23:59:56 +0200
Hi,

Maybe someone allready asked this question before, but I can't seem to
find it... I know some fritzboxes have these function.
Our DSL provider resets the DSL connection every 36 hours (and 4 minutes).
Because I have no control (except for reconnecting myself at a certain
time - start counting from that)... I would like to schedule the PPPoE
going down at 4 AM, and immediately going back up.
That way DYNDNS has it's time to reregister my IP-address, and after
that my VPN's can come up rightfully.

Now when a hard reset comes from my ISP, I have to wait several
minutes before my DYNDNS is renewed at the other site, and only after
that time the VPN will come back up...
I thought there was a CRON in monowall, but how would that rule look ?

Kind regards,
Michel