[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ulrik Lunddahl (PROconsult)" <ul at proconsult dot dk>
 To:  "Andy Hofstee" <andyhofstee at gmx dot ch>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  SV: [m0n0wall] Wan DHCP
 Date:  Tue, 4 Aug 2009 12:27:35 +0200
Hi Andy!

Probably your ISP DHCP server has a reservation matching you WAN MAC address to 192.168.2.42, and
they have some kind of problem in their setup.

That explains why you old D-Link router is working, it has another MAC address.

You can try to change the WAN mac address in the M0n0wall, use the one from the D-Link router.
(Interfaces -> WAN -> General configuration -> MAC Address)

If it works, call your ISP and ask them to "reset" your connection, or whatever those cable company
guys call it...:-)

Then remove the "spoffed" MAC address again.

Med venlig hilsen, Best regards
Ulrik Lunddahl

Sales Manager - Salgschef

Tel: +45 63113333 - Tel dir: +45 63113341 - Mobil: +45 26363341 - Fax: +45 63113344
E-mail: ul at proconsult dot dk - Web site: www.proconsult.dk

VSP - Infrastructure Optimization Solutions
VSP - Business Continuity
VTSP - VMware Infrastructure Virtualization
vExpert - Nominated for and Awarded the vExpert award in February 2009