[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Harbert Reilink <harbert at orangebox dot com dot br>
 To:  M0n0wall User List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: SV: [m0n0wall] Wan DHCP
 Date:  Tue, 04 Aug 2009 08:42:21 -0300
Hi Andy,

Indeed, like Ulrik is saying, in the WAN setup you use the field "MAC
address'  under general configuration to " clone"  the mac address from
your old setup.
In this case your D-LINK router, many cable ISP's have the MAC registered
from the PC they are installing the connection on, because they don't want
people to have a network at home. Cloning the MAC will resolve this
problem.

Cheers

Harbert

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 12:27:35 +0200, "Ulrik Lunddahl (PROconsult)"
<ul at proconsult dot dk> wrote:
> Hi Andy!
>
> Probably your ISP DHCP server has a reservation matching you WAN MAC
> address to 192.168.2.42, and they have some kind of problem in their
setup.

> That explains why you old D-Link router is working, it has another MAC
> address.
>
> You can try to change the WAN mac address in the M0n0wall, use the one
from
> the D-Link router. (Interfaces -> WAN -> General configuration -> MAC
> Address)
>
> If it works, call your ISP and ask them to "reset" your connection, or
> whatever those cable company guys call it...:-)
>
> Then remove the "spoffed" MAC address again.
>

> Med venlig hilsen, Best regards
> Ulrik Lunddahl
>
> Sales Manager - Salgschef
> PROconsult Data A/S - Rugårdsvej 15 - 5000  Odense C
> Tel: +45 63113333 - Tel dir: +45 63113341 - Mobil: +45 26363341 - Fax:
+45