[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b17 released
 Date:  Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:53:06 -0400
On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 2:41 PM, Manuel Kasper<mk at neon1 dot net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> here's another beta release that will hopefully bring us closer to the
> release of the final m0n0wall 1.3.

Thanks Manuel!

> The move to FreeBSD 6.4 has been
> completed, and legacy BRIDGE has been replaced by if_bridge (thanks to Chris
> Buechler), so if you're using the bridging features, you may want to test
> especially carefully whether everything works as desired after the upgrade.

Yes please test bridging. The new code is a port from pfSense, where
the code has been used for about 9 months with no issues, but it's
possible I messed up something in porting it. It tests fine and is
being used in production on a couple installs for a couple weeks now,
but needs more testing.

In addition to the filtering behavior change Manuel mentioned, the
check to only allow one bridged interface has been removed. You can
bridge multiple interfaces together, including in multiple groups. The
GUI is functionally no different than before, if_bridge just allows
more bridging possibilities, and the back end is changed to
accommodate this.