[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mohammed Ismail" <m dot ismael at gmail dot com>
 To:  "'Lee Sharp'" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b17 released
 Date:  Fri, 14 Aug 2009 01:42:33 +0300
There is some thing I have been trying since b13
I have m0n0wall Box with holds
WAN PPPoE
DMZ Holds 5 Public IPs
LAN 10.10.10.1/16
Wifi 172.16.1.1/24

I want to enable DHCP relay on wifi interface to 10.10.10.1 as DHCP Server.
I go to DHCP Relay then choose WiFi interface,
Check Enable DHCP relay on WiFi interface and choose server 10.10.10.1
It gives me an error
You must disable the DHCP server on the "WiFi" interface before enabling the
DHCP Relay.
That's fine, I go and disable it
Then it gives that error
You must disable the DHCP server on the "LAN" interface before enabling the
DHCP Relay.
Which I am trying to enable on "WiFi" interface.
Is that a bug or I am trying some thing wrong that should not be done.
..
B17 is fantastic, allot of work had been done,
But I am still wondering
On freebsd 6.4 ISC DHCP server in config file I could specify option subnet
mask of 255.255.255.255
And I got assigned 192.168.1.3/32 with gw 192.168.1.1
Is there a way to have these 2 options in m0n0wall GUI " option router ,
option subnet mask" instade of XML file in a next beta release.

Actually Updating to FreeBSD 6.4 will help me in trying building my own
Image. Hope so, as I am getting errors in 6.2
Thanks for the Big effort,

Another thing I know I am getting the message longer, more boring.
But what Secondary IP option provide me? I cannot really know what is it
for.

Best Regards,
Mohammed Ismail.