[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b17 released
 Date:  Fri, 14 Aug 2009 00:47:03 -0400
On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 12:24 AM, YvesDM<ydmlog at gmail dot com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Manuel Kasper<mk at neon1 dot net> wrote:
>

>> If no significant issues are found in 1.3b17, it'll probably get re-released
>> as 1.3 soon.
>>

> Sorry to ask, but I guess the vr bug on alix boards losing their
> ethernet link is still present?

Yes.

> Are their any plans to solve this in the near future? (I understand
> this means migrating to FreeBSD 7.x?)

Not for 1.3 unless something changes. Changing major FreeBSD versions
inevitably opens up numerous other issues, and from off list developer
discussions, Manuel doesn't have any interest in delaying 1.3 for an
unknown amount of time to switch versions when it's otherwise ready to
release. That's a sound position at this point IMO. The vr(4) fixes
aren't easily back ported either.

But, what we'll possibly see is a 7.x based 1.4 beta shortly after 1.3
release, for those who want the vr(4) fixes and are willing to tempt
fate of getting bitten by new issues with
ipfilter/ipnat/ipfw/dummynet/etc. used in combination.