[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE: Please help setting VPN over PPTP!!! I am dying here.
 Date:  Thu, 02 Jul 2009 13:30:13 -0500
GD Incorporation wrote:
> Guys
>
> I need major help on setting VPN via PPTP. So I set the setting right. I can
> connect to the work, but I cannot access the PC behind firewall.
>
> Basically this is the network settings:
>
> Internet - ADSL Modem - m0n0wall with VPN over PPTP turned on - Office PC 1
> (192.168.5.1)
>                                                               - Office PC 2
> (192.168.5.2)
>                                                               - Office PC 3
> (192.168.5.3)
>
> I want to be able to access the office PC 1. I had WinVNC and remote control
> turned on already, but after I connect to the VPN and try to access the PC 1
> internal IP (192.168.5.1), windows said that the PC does not exists. Please
> help.
>
> Since I cannot attach the screen capture of my VPN settings on m0n0wall here
> it is:
> - Server Address: 192.168.0.6 --> I made this up, assuming that this is for
> the client to acknowledge where the VPN server is.
> - Remote address range 192.168.0.96 / 28
>
> I also set the firewall rule for PPTP to allow pass.

I am betting a firewall rules issue.  First, the WinPC sees you as a
different subnet, and Windows Firewall is often local subnet allowed.
This is why I put my PPtP range inside the network on unused IPs.
(192.168.1.240/16 with 192.168.1.239 for the local)  Then you have to
make sure everyone has access in the m0n0wall firewall.  Now you are on
the local subnet as far as the WinPC is concerned.  If it still fails,
try locally to see if it is Windows.

			Lee