[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey at goldmark dot org>
 To:  Wolf <DFD555 at gmx dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Possibility to log "Firewall stats" in a list, (kind of syslogging maybe)
 Date:  Sat, 15 Aug 2009 21:40:11 -0500
On Aug 15, 2009, at 12:05 PM, Wolf wrote:

> i have a question.  How can i log the "Firewall states" under
> "Diagnostics".
>
> Exists some possibilities to manage this? I want a list with all
> connections from
> IPaddress-A to IPaddress-X, daily. That i can record the connections
> from some clients.

You may tell m0n0wall to send logging information to another machine.
This is under

  Diagnostics -> Logs -> Settings

And check the box for "Enable syslog'ing to remote syslog server.

That other machine be running syslog (or something that does the job
of syslog) and be configured to listen for syslog messages from your
m0n0wall.

I have a machine on my local network that is running syslog-ng that
logs messages from m0n0wall (and others).  I can then use a wide
variety of log analysis tools on those logs.

Cheers,

-j