[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b17 released
 Date:  Sun, 16 Aug 2009 02:46:31 -0400
2009/8/16 Mohammed Ismail <m dot ismael at gmail dot com>:

> is it big issue to have the option subnet
> mask in xml configuration available.? I mean what should I edit to have this
> done?

You're missing the point - you can't do this. In a properly configured
network, DHCP clients will never have a different mask from their
gateway. You can't give clients a /32 mask, their gateway IP would
then fall outside their subnet. You can't do a /30 without lots of
additional IPs on the firewall and a DHCP mess with numerous scopes.
If you need to isolate clients, you need to do it on your APs and/or
switches, there is no reasonable way to accomplish this on the
firewall.