[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey at goldmark dot org>
 To:  Bob McConnell <rmcconne at lightlink dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Possibility to log "Firewall stats" in a list, (kind of syslogging maybe)
 Date:  Sun, 16 Aug 2009 09:47:44 -0500
On Aug 16, 2009, at 6:32 AM, Bob McConnell wrote:

> Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:
>> I can then use a wide variety of log analysis tools on those logs.
>
> Could you provide a list on those tools, describe how you use them
> and what they are doing for you?

I don't actually use any of the various log analysis tools other than
grep.  So I can't really say what does and doesn't work.  When I said
that "I can then use a wide variety of log analysis tools" I didn't
mean to claim that I actually did.

The only other tool that I so is that submit reports to Dshield.org
daily using a modified version of the ipfilter2dshield script.

> I have been playing with fwanalog but am sorely disappointed in the
> output. I would like to hear about other tools that are actually
> being used.

If you get an answer, I would certainly like to hear about it.

Cheers,

-j