[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Replace mini_httpd?
 Date:  Mon, 17 Aug 2009 21:29:04 -0500
rene moser wrote:
> Hi Manuel
>
> Manuel Kasper wrote:
>> mini_httpd (the web server used in m0n0wall) returns the 401 almost
>> immediately (after receiving the headers) and closes the connection,
>> which Safari doesn't like.
> Are there any plans to replace mini_httpd in next major version of
> m0n0wall?
>
> http://nginx.net/ would be great.
>
> I mean, 1 GB flash cards are almost as cheep as 16 MB flash cards. So
> package size is not really an argument for mini_httpd anymore.

It is when you have 75 firewalls all over with 16 meg flash cards in them!

Remember that your environment is not everyone's environment. :)

Ralf Hesse wrote:
 > Is there no possibility to increase these kiddy 128 MB RAM??

In many cases, no.  (Or at least not without a soldering iron and some
real skill.)

 > I think we should also have a look forward...?

Define forward...  Remember that your environment... :)

 > There are now standard-RAMs with at least 2 GB available...
 > Do these embedded Boards not use standard-SIMMs?

Almost none of them.

 > May be we should give some ideas for redesign??;-(

Some people did.  You may be a better fit for pfsense.
http://www.pfsense.com/  It is a fork, but a lot of them are here, and a
lot of us are there...

			Lee