[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Graves" <mgraves at mstvp dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, "Jim Spaloss" <jspaloss at gmail dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Packet 8 Virtual Office Phones, Delay making outbound calls
 Date:  Sat, 22 Aug 2009 20:43:16 -0500
On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 20:51:46 -0400, Jim Spaloss wrote:

>I haven't tried bypassing the M0n0wall yet. I had intended to the other
>night while doing some maintenance on the server, but didn't get a chance to
>take the internet connection down.
>I'll have to try it when I upgrade the firmware to 1.3b18.

What are the phones? Are they hard IP phones or ATAs? Some SIP devices
have internal digit map settings that define when they acknowledge a
complete number has been dialed. If these are not set correctly then
they will think that a number is incomplete, but timeout and eventually
dial the number that they have.

If you put the device on another router and it behaves the same way
then it could be these internal digit map settings. Here's a related
referenc

http://sipx-wiki.calivia.com/index.php/Digit_Maps_used_to_Define_the_Dia
l_Plan

Michael