[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Damian Teasdale <damte at oppy dot com>
 To:  "'m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] PPTP VPN
 Date:  Tue, 25 Aug 2009 08:24:11 -0700
Removing that tick box "use default gateway on remote network" is not a good idea. Doing this is
known as split tunneling and is usually not recommended because it causes a security risk. Allowing
this you are basically creating bridge for anyone from the internet to your private network.

We had a similar issue but we use M0n0wall as an outside firewall and ISA as an inside firewall. I
had to create a rule on ISA to allow that VPN client traffic to the internet, might be something
similar on the m0n0wall you need.

Thanks

Damian Teasdale