[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joey Morin <joeymorin at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  ath, bridge, and dhcp... am i missing something?
 Date:  Wed, 2 Sep 2009 18:18:56 -0400
hello list,

i have an atheros card in my m0n0 box.  seems to work just fine under all
combinations of open/wep/wpa, channel, etc. that i've tried, but only when
it is not bridged.

however, i want to bridge it with LAN.

when i do this, something breaks.  client machines can still associate, but
dhcp seems to fail.

with the logging on the default rule, i get some log entries that suggest
dhcp traffic through bridge0 are getting blocked.

i've tried to find an answer to this through the forums/lists/google
approach.  nothing i've found seems to work.  i think i'm in over my head.

anyone have any suggestions to make?

1.3b18

cheers,
jj