[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Wolf <DFD555 at gmx dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to configure Captive Portal for PPTP-Connections ?
 Date:  Thu, 03 Sep 2009 00:27:20 +0200
Thanks for your response.

>> Hi,
>>
>> i have configured Monowall for PPTP. When am connecting with a client to
>> this server
>> i have automatically access to the internet. But i wish to have a
>> captive
>> portal.
>>
>> Does it works ?
>
> You can't do captive portal for PPTP clients.

What a pitty, would be nice.

>> Cause if it works, i can use my Hotspot without any encryption and all
>> users
>> are
>> logging in with PPTP and every connection is encrypted. Is it right?
>>

> Sort of, PPTP is weak encryption. And creates challenges of
> distributing the credentials to users, configuring the PPTP
> connection, etc. if this is a typical open hot spot network. I
> wouldn't run a hotspot that way, it'd be an administrative nightmare.

OK, it is no official Hotspot, only private using. Have u an alternative
for me, if encryption is too weak. Whats about ipsec ? I am a greenhorn.
Is it a completely server in monowall? Or what i have to need to using
this ?

Have u some tutorials or information how to configure this ?

Greetings