[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] FW: if_bridge
 Date:  Thu, 3 Sep 2009 01:32:57 -0400
On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Mohammed Ismail<m dot ismael at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I though of something,
>
> While Captive portal running we cannot have bridged interfaces. Or if we
> have interfaces bridged, we cannot have CP running on one of them.
>
> What about running CP on a virtual interface. That could be the key to
> bridge as many PCI cards wired or Wireless with LAN
>
> The way CP works, reject to work while having bridged interfaces, If it was
> one of them,
>
> What about having interface br0 which is the bridge interface as long as it
> is converted to if_bridge lately?

That may be done at some point in the future (you're welcome to
contribute it). For now, if it works just by loosening the input
validation (I think it should), that allows the same thing since one
of the interfaces will have an IP. I believe Lee said he would test
that, I'll fix the input validation if it works that way.