[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Harbert Reilink <harbert at orangebox dot com dot br>
 To:  M0n0wall User List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SD MythTV, more CPU needed on =?UTF-8?Q?FW=3F?=
 Date:  Tue, 08 Sep 2009 10:53:56 -0300
I had my 1.3 monowall running on a Celeron 333MHz IBM PC300GL machine,
128MB memory.
I changed the nic's for Intel ones (3Com b4), total of 3 Intel NICs (LAN,
WAN, Opt1 where my WRT54GS is wired to).
I noticed that I did not get full speed on the wire with speed tests, my
connection is theoretically 10Mb, but with speedtests max was like 7Mb.

Since I had a same 300GL laying around here, but with a P3 500MHz with
192Mb memory, I put everything out of the old one and put in the P3, so
same nic's, same CF card, systemboard is even the same.

Then after I ran the same tests and came to the 10Mb! conclusion, on my
celeron I did not get the full speed from my connection, P3 I did.
So that will be your problem also, try a faster system.
I know theoreticly it should not give this big difference, but with me it
did....

cheers

Harbert