[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey at goldmark dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Safari and firmware upgrade
 Date:  Mon, 17 Aug 2009 10:38:29 -0500
I just did a firmware upgrade from embedded-1.3b16 to embedded-1.3b18
(Soekris 4801) and found that the upgrade did not work when I did it
with Safari 4.0.3 (OS X 10.5.8, PPC).

After selecting the file to upload and hitting the "Upgrade Firmware"
button, Safari just spun its wheel.  During this time (I waited 6 full
minutes), m0n0wall continued to function normally.  I eventually did
"abort" the upgrade, but there really wasn't anything to abort.  The
system continued to run 1.3b16.

Uploading the same image using Firefox worked just fine.  I don't know
whether this is a specific issue with Safari 4.0.3 or with 1.3b16.  I
can't recall whether previous upgrades were done with Safari or
Firefox, but over the years it would have been a mix.

Cheers,